2011/01/18

Boba Fett / Chalcidian helmet crossover

.
This photo works its way through various blogs, and it's indeed an interesting piece of art: A blend of a famous "Star Wars" helmet and one of the classic Greek hoplite helmet patterns.


I think The Chalcidian pattern is closest, albeit the late Corinthian pattern is a good candidate as well.


Most blogs just call it a "Spartan" or "300" helmet design. That (admittedly impressive) movie has apparently left more of an impression than history books on classical warfare.

There Jason, I wrote about it sooner than you! ;-)

S O

P.S.: Any Greek reader who's interested in helping me a bit for a blog post (related to modern Greek naval history)  please drop me a line at lastdingo@gmx.de .
.

2 comments:

  1. "That (admittedly impressive) movie has apparently left more of an impression than history books on classical warfare."

    Impressive? I found it utterly preposterous. If such stuff does impress, these are dark times indeed. I nearly slid and fell on the testosterone saturating the floor, when I tried to walk out of the cinema. I am probably coming across too harshly though...the audience at the time spent a good deal of the movie laughing, so it was a fairly light-hearted affair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it needs to be compared to usual movies...

    ReplyDelete